Common Elements for all WVU Web Pages
- Every WVU Web page will have one of the standard mastheads. These can be found on the examples page on Brand Patterns.
- Contact information including physical address, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and fax number are included on every page in the left navigation or in the footer.
- A footer must include copyright information, the contact address of the group that maintains the site, and the following affirmative action statement: West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.
- Other considerations for the page include applying a search box that will work with the Google Search appliance, FAQ, a link to the calendar or an RSS feed from a calendar to the page, and a link to WVUToday.
- The current media icons (Facebook, YouTube, etc.) will be available in the official theme defined by the style sheet available on Brand Patterns. If a college or department has its own Facebook page or other social media, the college or department’s social media icons should be located away from the University social media icons to distinguish between the two different sets.